Feb 14, 2010
Categories: Healthy Living Round Up, Product Reviews
- Eat your way to less stress and better sleep: an interview with Dave Grotto, R.D., L.D.N. (SEVELTE GOURMAND)
- Farmed or wild fish: Which is healthier? (CNN)
- Trim the fat from meat to help trim calories (RICHMOND)
- Earthgrain’s ’7-Grain’ 100-percent whole grain bread makes great toast (and sandwiches), has 110 calories per slice, zero cholesterol, and provides 11-% of your daily requirement of dietary fiber. (A 75-cent coupon is available for download at: www.earthgrains.com)
- Trader Joe’s ‘Righteous Rounds’ are mini-chocolate chip cookies made with fruit and vegetable concentrates. Crunchy and fulfilling, five of these cookies provide 12-percent of your daily fiber requirement, zero cholesterol, calcium, vitamin C and A — all at a mere 130 calories.
- Harvest Whole Wheats — a textured cracker (similar to a Triscuit) — are a good source of fiber and contain zero trans fat/cholesterol.
- Numi’s Chocolate Puerh Tea is rich in antioxidants, has close to zero calories, and may lower your cholesterol. Did I mention that it also tastes like chocolate??